Thursday, March 15, 2018

In The Garden....






I know people question whether we have seasons in California, 
....but I believe we do. 




Our cooler winter weather has served my garden well. 




The colors seem more intense.....
and cool weather annuals have thrived. 




But with Spring soon approaching,
I am inspired to try some new things in my garden. 




I have had little success with topiary....
but I am hoping Ivy will cover some forms
 and feed my need for controlled shapes in the garden. 




I am trying to work with both color and texture this year. 

 So far, the garden is looking very nice. 




This was new for me too.
I bought some large baskets at a thrift shop....and used them for my Sweet Peas.

That way my mostly shade garden, can insure a sunny location for them to grow.
Using a WigWam was inspired by 
my never ending fascination with UK garden shows. 




A true sign that Spring is soon to arrive.

My Garden Boots are always at the ready by the back door....
and my Victoria Magazines are close by to provide inspiration. 

I cannot wait to see how my garden grows!!!



1 comment:

Meghan said...

You are so talented with all things gardening. I totally get how relaxing the garden can be... I just wish I had inherited more of your green thumb. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see those sweet peas grow!